In the spring of my sophomore year, I took MIT's embedded systems class. For the final project, my group and I created a network of Tamagotchi-like creatures that were fed based off Spotify listening history. We used a Python web server, SQL database, Arduino with C++, and the Spotify API. We also created a web interface to view other monsters and compatibility scores between users.
A user can view music listening stats and play with their monster.
Two monsters can interact with each other across Arduinos.
Users can view other monsters in the network. Compatibility scores and recommended songs are generated between users.